BellSouth email is a widely used email service that previously merged with AT&T. Since then, BellSouth has been accessible through the AT&T domain itself. It is a web-based email service that functions appropriately only with a stable internet connection. The unavailability of a secure internet connection can lead to various issues with its functionality. A collection of factors, including an unstable internet connection, can contribute to multiple email problems that can hinder your daily tasks or activities. Many times, users face issues with BellSouth email, such as BellSouth.net email not working, or any other email server problems. Fortunately, you can fix such issues when provided with correct instructions, and you will find them in this blog.
PREREQUISITES FOR EMAIL NOT WORKING PROBLEM
Before we jump right into the solutions for such problems, it would be better to ensure the prerequisites mentioned below. These are a few points that you should consider beforehand, so you can eliminate these issues if they do not work in the first place.
- Ensure that the device you are using currently is up-to-date as older system versions can cause unexpected errors with BellSouth email
- As mentioned earlier, a stable internet connection is vital for proper functioning, so verify a secure internet connection and connect your device to it
- Scan your system for a potential virus or malware that may be causing the BellSouth.net email not working problems
- Additionally, check your browser and make sure that it does not have any issues
- Another prerequisite is to free up some space on your device to eliminate the full storage factor
- Lastly, check that the email application you are using is up-to-date as well
Now that you know all the prerequisites that you need to consider before trying the solutions.
STEPS TO TROUBLESHOOT BELLSOUTH EMAIL PROBLEMS
Below are the steps to troubleshoot BellSouth email problems; you may implement each step to see which one works best for your situation. However, if one solution does not work, please move onto the next one.
CHECK SERVER SETTINGS
The first step to troubleshoot the problem is to check BellSouth email settings. The issues with BellSouth are often a result of invalid or incorrect email settings, so it is always a good idea to check the server settings and fix them if necessary. You can find the correct server settings below.
Incoming server settings
- Please choose IMAP for incoming BellSouth email settings.
- Type imap.mail.yahoo.com in the Server column
- Enter 993 in the Port column
- Choose SSL/TLS for security.
- Insert your correct username in the username column
- Lastly, enter your password in the password column.
Outgoing server settings
- Choose SMTP for outgoing BellSouth server settings.
- Enter smtp.mail.yahoo.com in the Server column
- Type 465 in the Port column
- Choose SSL/TLS in the security column.
- Enter your complete email address in the username column, followed by your correct password in the password column
With this, you shall complete the correct configuration of BellSouth SMTP settings and IMAP settings, which collectively make up the email server settings.
CHECK WEBSITE SERVER
The next step for troubleshooting this problem is to check whether the BellSouth webpage is facing downtime. Webpage developers usually put their website down while fixing glitches or any technical reason, which results in customers not being able to visit said website. A valid solution is to check if BellSouth is down or under maintenance. You can do this on downdetector.com; it tells you if other users have reported similar issues within a certain period. To check BellSouth on the down detector, follow the steps below.
- Open your web browser and insert downdetector.com in the search bar
- Press the Search option using your cursor
- Select the ideal result
- All recent reports should be visible on your screen
You can check if BellSouth is facing downtime here. If there is no such problem, please move onto the next solution.
CLEAN THE BROWSER
The next step to fix the BellSouth.net email not working problem is to clear the cache and cookies on your browser. The cache is the temporary data that your browser saves to help load the website quicker. It does not hold important information, so deleting them will not impact your essential content. Please follow the steps mentioned below to clean the browser. Please note that the following steps are applicable for Chrome.
- Open Chrome on your laptop or desktop
- Click on the three dots at the top-right corner to reveal a menu
- Choose the More Tools option followed by clear browsing data
- You can choose a time range; choose From the beginning of time or All-Time, preferably
- Check the boxes next to the Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files
- Finally, select Clear Data
BellSouth is a web-based email service that provides primary email functions to carry out daily emailing tasks and activities. Some common problems may occur with this email service, like all other email services. The issues may be a result of improper BellSouth email settings, server issues, or storage issues. You can find the solutions to fix such issues by configuring proper email settings on your email. For more information on BellSouth and related problems, you can visit our other blogs.