Gone are the days when advertisements used to feature in televisions, newspapers or billboards. If you are a brand who wants to grow in these times, you need to reach your audiences directly. And where are your audiences? Glued to their smartphones! This is not to say that the above mentioned forms of advertisements didn’t use to work. They did, when the times were different. The demographics have now shifted.
Most people instead of watching televisions, consume content on OTT platforms. They get their news online through various social media channels. They shop online, they order food online and they study online. You get the gist. Now how do you divert their attention to your brand? Through Digital Marketing.
What is Digital Marketing?
In simple terms, Digital marketing is delivering advertisements through various internet media channels like search engines, social media, websites, emails and mobile apps. For a large chunk of digital marketing’s history till now, the work has mostly been manual. Digital marketers identify trends, analyse topics, research keywords, curate content, craft advertisements and then help the brands deliver them to potential customers.
The goal is to increase engagement and raise brand awareness. The process howsoever useful, is quite tedious. Researching and processing gathered data can waste a huge chunk of a digital marketer’s time, which can be put to better use. This is where Machine Learning swoops in to save the day.
What is Machine Learning?
Machine Learning is the use of artificial intelligence in computer systems which provides them the ability to function and process data without any human intervention. The AI enables the systems to automatically learn and improve without explicit instructions. Machine learning has the capacity to take the grunt work out of digital marketing. They can process large amounts of data and aid digital marketers in delivering the best of services.
Scope of Machine Learning in Digital Marketing
Though machine learning is yet to be fully implemented in digital marketing, the companies which use machine learning tools are already broadening their understanding of their target consumers. According to a report by IDC Future Scapes in 2017, around 75% of development teams already use artificial intelligence in some form in their services. Gartner estimates that 85% of all customer interactions are already being carried out without any human intervention. The goal of machine learning however is not to take over the role of digital marketers but to improve their digital marketing skills. Machine learning has tremendous potential to emerge as the future of digital marketing.
How Can Influencivepress Digital Media Help You?
Recognised by the Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Influencivepress Digital Media is a digital marketing company which specialises in Search Engine Optimization (SEO). They offer services like Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Web Development, Influencer Marketing and Content Marketing. Founder Shantanu Swaraj aims to help local businesses break into and successfully compete in an already saturated market. The goal is to use data, content, research and online platforms to increase the productivity of brands.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
The primary goal of any organisation is to reach customers who are genuinely interested in their products and services and then cater to their needs. What good is a company without its customers? Companies today need to be at the forefront and digital marketing certainly makes this goal achievable. Certain benefits of digital marketing over conventional marketing are:
- Economical: Generally a good amount of budget is allocated for marketing by companies. This can eat away at the profits. Digital marketing is very pocket friendly in comparison to other forms of marketing. They are cost effective and offer more return on investment. It is particularly lucrative for small businesses and start-ups who have very less marketing budget. They provide better profits by cutting unnecessary marketing costs.
- Mobile Friendly: As we have already covered in the introduction, smart phones have become an inseparable part of our lives. We consume all information on our mobile devices and are exposed to it throughout the day. It is only sensible to target customers on their mobile phones through websites, social media, streaming services et al. Not only are mobile phones more accessible but they also make it easier for customers to engage with the brand.
- Flexibility: Digital marketing provides immense flexibility by taking the leg work out of marketing. It can be outsourced to anyone and can be done any time. It opens up enough time to focus on other areas of the service.
- Accessibility: With most people owning smartphones now, the scope of marketing has increased. Physical marketing channels like newspapers or billboards are very limited in their reach. But digital ads can reach any part of the world, be it remote villages or swanky megapolises.
- Better Customer Care: Digital marketing not only allows companies to reach their customers but also allows the customers to give feedback to the company. The gathered data from the interaction with the customers can go a long way in improving services, crafting better products and maintaining genuine relationship with the customer. Machine learning tools can help digital marketers process this data in a swift and effective manner.
Is Machine Learning the Future of Digital Marketing?
Undeniably, yes. Machines and people will work together to take marketing initiatives to the next level in the future. Machine learning tools will make market oriented research faster than a person could ever do meanwhile also maintaining personalised and meaningful relationships with the end users. Machine learning has a huge potential in Content Marketing, Link Building, Pay-per-click Campaigns, Search Engine Optimization and Content Management.
We already see huge implications of chatbots now. Chatbots help engage audiences, answer their queries and collect useful inputs from them for future use. This is just the beginning for artificial intelligence in the field of marketing. Machine learning will not replace the jobs of digital marketing professionals rather it will help them broaden their horizons and reach their full potential.