Tenda wireless routers offer strong signals and stable performance for all purposes. The Tenda AC1200 AC6 is an intelligent dual-band Wi-Fi router that supports the fifth-generation Wi-Fi standard 802.11ac. It also provides dual-band speed up to 1167Mbps, which results in high-speed internet with no lags while watching videos or playing heavy games. This router has twice the through-wall ability as compared with other routers, mainly because it has independent power amplifiers, beamforming+ intelligent technology, and 4x 5dBi HG antennas.
Tenda routers are a must-have in today’s rapidly growing world with advanced technology and extensive internet usage. Many users may find it difficult to correctly carry out the Tenda wireless router setup as setting up routers may not be the easiest thing to do. Fortunately, we have curated this blog so you complete the setup.
Setting Up Tenda Ac1200 Ac6 Wireless Router
The Tenda AC1200 AC6 can be set up as a wireless router and an access point. You can find information about the setup and more in the Tenda AC1200 AC6 Manual. However, we have curated this blog to provide all the necessary information. Setting up an access point extends the coverage area of the Wi-Fi network as it receives the existing Wi-Fi signal, amplifies it, and then transmits the boosted signal. If you require an internet connection in a vast space, you do not need to set up different connections for each cluster of devices. Instead, you can install Wi-Fi repeaters, so the same connection circulates amongst all devices in the place.
Steps To Setup Tenda AC1200 AC6 Wireless Router
To execute the Tenda Wireless Router Setup, please follow the steps mentioned below.
- Plug the router’s power cord into a power socket to turn it on
- Insert Ethernet cable from the internet source (modem, ONT) to the Port4 (WAN) port; place one end of the Ethernet code into the internet source (modem, activated port of ONT) and the other end into the Port4 (WAN) port that you can find at the back of the router.
- Open an internet browser of your choice and enter 192.168.0.1 in the URL and press Enter to land on the Quick Setup Wizard page.
- Click on Start and set up your Wi-Fi Settings, as mentioned in the next few steps.
- Switch the Transmit Power: Low to Transmit Power: High
- Change the name of your Wi-Fi network.
- Change your Wi-Fi password and Login password.
- Select Next after you finish making the changes
- Insert your password and click on the Login button on the Login configuration page
- Lastly, connect your Tenda Wireless router to your computer.
After following the steps mentioned above, you can set up your Tenda AC1200 AC6 Wireless Router effectively.
Steps To Setup Tenda AC1200 AC6 Wireless Router As An Access Point
To set up the Tenda wireless router as an access point by yourself, you require a few simple instructions to go by. The instructions are clear, hence causing no problems following, so please implement each step point by point.
Step 1: Connect Your Laptop And The Router
- The first step requires you to connect your laptop or computer using an Ethernet Cable
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the laptop and the other end to the LAN port of the router
- You can find the LAN port at the back of the unit
Step 2: Log Into The Web Interface
- The second step requires you to open your preferred web browser; Mozilla FireFox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Safari.
- Enter 192.168.0.1 in the URL of the browser and press the Enter key
- The Quick Setup Wizard page should open on the screen for Tenda Wireless Router
- Please click the Start button to initiate the wizard.
Step 3: Detect The Connection Type
- The unit shall run through a quick connection test to identify a connection type
- It typically fails in detecting an Internet Connection; please note that this is expected
- Locate the Skip option and then click on it
Step 4: Set Up The SSID And Security
- The fourth step for Tenda Wireless Router Setup requires you to set up the Transmit Power for the wireless broadcast
- Next, please select a name for SSID and rename it
- Set the password for the SSID and the Admin account
- After you finish setting all, click on the Next button
Step 5: Sign Into The Web Interface
- Now that you have set a new password for the admin account, the login page should open on the screen again
- Please provide your password to sign into the Tenda webpage
Step 6: Enable AP Mode
- The next step is to enable the Access Point mode using the web interface so your router can act as an access point
- You can find the AP mode icon in the Wi-Fi Settings, where you can enable the AP mode
- Toggle AP Mode on and click on the Save button
With the steps mentioned above, you should complete the setup of your Tenda router efficiently. Please note that you can find plenty of information in the Tenda ac1200 ac6 manual. However, if you cannot find a specific piece of information, you can always find it on PromptHelp. You can now utilize the fast-speed internet using the Tenda wireless routers as the setup is now complete.