Yahoo search engine is an effective tool and is one of the most preferred around the world. For a regular Yahoo user who has an Yahoo ID and uses Yahoo search engines, it only makes sense to make Yahoo your default search engine. Now the question arises that how do I make yahoo my homepage? Yahoo home page change is very simple in all the browsers if you just follow the instructions given below.
How To Do Yahoo Home page Setup
There are tons of browsers available out there and the process to change your homepage from Google to Yahoo is different for each browser. Follow the instructions below for top 5 browsers:
If you think that I want Yahoo as my homepage on Google Chrome, follow the instructions given below.
- Open the ‘Settings’ option in your Chrome browser by going to the ‘Menu’ option.
- Click on ‘Appearances’ section of left side of the page. Scroll down and look for the option of ‘Show Home Button.’
- Below the ‘Show Home Button’ you would notice a section named ‘Enter custom web address.’
- Enter the link of yahoo page that you want to make as your homepage be it www.yahoo.com, mail.yahoo.com, news.yahoo.com or shopping.yahoo.com.
- Scrolling down further, you will see the option of ‘Open a specific page or set of pages’
- Click on ‘Add a new page’ just below it.
- Enter the yahoo address that you wish to see on your homepage and click ‘Add.’
- You have the option of adding as many yahoo pages as you want.
- Now whenever you open Google Chrome, your Yahoo page will be your default homepage.
- Open your Internet Explorer browser and click on the gear icon on the upper right side of your screen. Then click on ‘Internet Options’.
- Next, under the ‘General’ section there will be a ‘Home Page’ option.
- Enter the URL of the Yahoo page you want to open as your default homepage. Press ‘Ok’. This answers your question of make yahoo my homepage for you.
Here’s how you can make yahoo homepage Firefox:
- Open your Firefox browser and open the Menu section. From there click on ‘Options’
- From the new tab that opens up, click on ‘Home’ from the left hand side of the page.
- In the drop down menu, you would be able to see ‘Homepage and new windows’ option. Click on ‘Custom URLs’.
- Paste the link of your desired yahoo page inside the ‘Paste a URL’ box.
- Now open yahoo home page to see it set as your default homepage.
- Launch your Microsoft Edge browser and click on the menu button. Select ‘Settings’ from the drop down menu.
- Spot ‘Open Microsoft Edge with’ and select the first option, ‘A specific page or pages.
- Enter your preferred yahoo page in the given URL space.
- Click on “Enter” and now that page is your answer to make yahoo my homepage automatically.
- Safari is a browser used in Apple devices. Launch the browser on your device and select the ‘Edit’ option and then the ‘Preferences’ tab.
- Click on the tab ‘Safari opens with’ and select ‘Homepage’ option from the drop down menu.
- Enter the yahoo URL of the page you want to open.
- Next step would be to add a Home Button in the toolbar since Safari doesn’t have one. To do this click on the ‘View’ tab and select ‘Customize Toolbar’.
- Drag the home button into the Safari toolbar to add it. Now setting yahoo as my homepage is complete.