The book plays a significant role in a student’s life. It is considered as one of the common resources between teachers and students inside the classroom. For beginners, textbooks are an essential instructive tool as it guides them with a detailed sequence of what to do and when to do it. It is a magnificent teaching aid for both teachers and students. Students are given textbooks according to their respective subject and class-wise which works as an instructive manual inside the classroom while studying. Textbooks are commonly prescribed by the designated education Board. It provides organised units of work that give students an overview of all the chapters/units they need to cover in that academic session.
Teachers, while teaching inside the classroom should remember that textbooks are a very important tool in the teaching arsenal. Inside the school environment, textbooks are always available to guide students in terms of learning and gaining knowledge. Whenever students come across any doubts regarding any difficult topic they should reach to their respective textbooks. Even the final question papers are prepared after analysing the respective subject wise textbooks. So, students should be thorough with the textbooks if they aspire to score good marks in their exam.
Every education board follows their own prescribed textbooks such as CBSE Board follows NCERT textbooks, Andhra Pradesh Board follows APSCERT textbooks, etc. To know the benefits of textbooks in detail here in this article we have discussed a few points why students should read their textbooks
Why Should Students Read From APSCERT Textbooks?
- Students can improve their memory by reading through their respective textbooks. It will also help them to stretch their memory muscles as well because they need to memorize a lot of things like concepts, topics, formulas, equations, etc.
- Students can boost their creativity by reading textbooks. By learning how to write creatively will help them in their future studies and career.
- Going through the textbooks, students can get detailed information about the course content along with the syllabus, chapter/unit names, marking scheme, topics, sub-topics, practicals, etc. By knowing all the mentioned information, students can plan their studies accordingly and write the exam with confidence.
- Students can also improve their analytical skills by reading through textbooks. It helps them to study the subject with more ease and retain the knowledge received from the subject which makes them more knowledgeable.\
- Most of the students avoid reading textbooks due to a lack of interest in content because of which they underestimate the importance of textbooks. But, to clear the final examination students need to have a piece of thorough knowledge about their respective subject textbook.
- For every subject, students need to learn concepts from the respective textbooks, whether they like it or not because most of the questions asked in the exams are prepared referring to the subject textbooks.
Students can get higher marks in their exam if they are well-versed with their respective textbooks. They can answer any type of questions asked from any part of the textbook. It is always advisable to go through the prescribed textbook before referring to any other reference books. For example, Punjab Board students get PSEB Books Free Download and begin their exam preparation.