Yahoo Mail is a web-based email service and was launched in 1997 by American parent company Yahoo. Yahoo mail is the third-largest web-based email service in the world.
Forgetting the Yahoo Mail password is a common issue nowadays, as a single user operates several accounts. This is why Yahoo Mail provides a simple option to recover your Yahoo Mail password, and it is also known as the Yahoo password recovery process.
How to Recover Yahoo Mail Account Password?
Recovery of password can be done in two conditions: if someone hacks the account or you forgot Yahoo Mail password. In both the situation, you can check out the steps given below:
- First of all, go to the Yahoo Sign-in page.
- Now, click on ‘I don’t remember my password.”
- On the next page, you have to enter the Yahoo mail ID.
- After you enter the mail ID, on the next page, you will find the three password recovery options.
Recover Using the Alternate Email Address: In this method, a password recovery link will be sent to the alternate email address. You have to click on the link, and you will navigate to the password reset page, where you can enter your new password. After entering the password, you have to click on save, and the password will recover.
Recover Using Smartphone: Now, in this method, you have to enter the missing digit of the registered mobile phone number, and from the Yahoo Mail team, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile phone number. Enter the OTP; it will navigate you to the password recovery page. From here, you can reset a new password to recover your password.
Recover Using Secret Questions: If you don’t have access to the alternate email address or phone number, you can recover your password by adding some secret questions. If you answer the questions correctly, you can reset the new password.
Password Reset For Yahoo Account
You can follow the password reset procedure when you know your current password but want to reset it. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, log in to your Yahoo account, go on your account, and then on the Account security option.
- Click on the change password; you have to enter the old password and set the new one.
- Press on save, and the Yahoo account password is changed.
You can use these steps to reset or recover your Yahoo Mail password. Follow these simple and quick steps to reset the password for your Yahoo Mail account.
Reset a Forgotten Password or Change the Yahoo Mail Password
Yahoo Mail is a well-known service provider and is used by billions of people across the globe. It is very easy to access several devices like iOS, Android, laptops, or desktop computers. Yahoo Mail offers highly secure and fast mailing features to their users, which are not easy to find on other email services. Apart from these benefits, there are some technical issues that you might face, and password reset is one of them.
Ways to Reset Yahoo Mail Password!!
To prevent several security hacks, it is essential to reset the Yahoo Mail password. When you change the email password, then it will protect your account from hackers. There are several ways to change the Yahoo Mail password. Few people know about the ways to change the Yahoo Mail password.
Changing Yahoo Mail Password on Computer
You can use the computer or desktop to change the password but applying the correct step in a systematized manner is essential.
- Open the web browser and go to www.Mail.Yahoo.com on your computer.
- By using the email details, sign in to the Yahoo Mail account.
- Now, select the gear icon available at the upper right corner and go to account info from a scroll-down menu.
- Press the Account security section, and it is on the left side.
- Now, enter the password to go on the next page, and on the account security page, you can enter your new password.
- Click on the change password link.
- You can now enter a new password for your Yahoo Mail account and then re-confirm it.
- Click the tab to finish the procedure.
These are simple steps to follow to change the password on the computer.
Changing Yahoo Mail Password on Mobile
- Open the Yahoo Mail website on mobile and then go on the Yahoo account.
- From the upper left corner, click on the menu icon.
- From the scroll-down menu, click on the options.
- Go on the Account security page and click on change password.
- Here, enter a new password and re-enter it to confirm.
- To finish the process, sign in to the Yahoo Mail account with a new password.
In this guide, you will find some effective and easy ways to recover your Yahoo Mail password. You can go on the Yahoo account recovery wizard to manage your Yahoo Mail account without any hassle.