The 7th edition of the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup 2021 has been awaited for very long. Due to the global pandemic COVID-19, the decision took on 3 April 2020 has been postponed and reschedule the tournament, earlier it was not clear about the day on which the tournament is to going to start.
The wait has been over with the decision by founding members and officials of the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA) announced on 12 May 2020, that the tournament will be held between 17 February – 7 March 2021 with the Indian team to play their group stage matches in Guwahati’s Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium.
FIFA Announces New Dates For 2020 U-17 Women’s World Cup
All the Indian football lovers are desperate to see their lovable masters playing on the battlefield. 2021 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup will begin on Wednesday, 21 February 2021, and will end on Sunday, 7 March 2021. The long-awaited tournament, originally scheduled for this year, has been postponed to next year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
FIFA has released the updated fixture list for the upcoming U-17 Women’s World Cup, scheduled to be held in India. Players born on or between January 1, 2003, and December 31, 2005, will continue to be eligible to play at the tournament. The chart has already been prepared by the federation for the matches.
- The Group stage matches will be played between 17 February 2021 to 24 February 2021.
- According to this, Group A & B Matches will be played between 17 February 2021 and 23 February 2021.
- Similarly, Group C & D Matches will be played between 18 February 2021 to 24 February 2021.
- And the Knock-out rounds will be played between 28 February 2021 to 7 March 2021.
- The matches under knockout rounds have been fixed as under –
- Quarterfinals will be held on 27 February 2021 in Navi Mumbai & Ahmedabad,
- And again on 28 February 2021 in Bhubaneswar & Kolkata.
- Thereafter, Semi-finals are going to be held on 3 March 2021 in Navi Mumbai & Bhubaneswar.
- Also, the final match is going to be held on 7 March 2021 in Navi Mumbai.
Venues Fixed For 2021 Fifa U-17 Women’s World Cup
Therefore, five venues have been set off for the teams to play the matches – Ahmedabad, Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata, and Navi Mumbai. And it had already been finalized to hold games during the tournament, with the opening game being allotted to Guwahati and the final to Navi Mumbai.
Fifa Also Releases The Dates For Other World Cup Matches
FIFA also confirmed the Futsal World Cup, originally scheduled for September-October this year in Lithuania, was pushed to Sept. 12, 2021 -Oct. 3, 2021. Meanwhile, the 70th FIFA Congress, which was originally due to take place in Addis Ababa, will be held as an online event on Sept. 18, 2021.
Now the dates and day are set and the football lovers are desperate to see the teams playing on the battlefield after a long wait. Moreover, the teams or sports lover are also excited to put their best onto the fields.